12 January 2012

Product Review: Physicians Formula makeup

Thanks to the wonderful folks at Physicians Formula, I received a box of makeup to review!  Some of these products have not even been released yet, while others are new releases from Physicians Formula.  In the box was:

Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30
Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush
Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Lash Boosting Mascara


I'll review the products in the order that they are pictured in the box, from left to right.


Mineral Wear Pressed Powder:  This is the first time that I have ever used a powder foundation, and I actually realized that I prefer it to liquid foundation like I usually use.  It's so much easier to apply, and significantly less messy.  Even though it is a powder, it actually covered my face much more evenly than liquid foundation has, and hid a lot more blemishes, too.  I used my own "blusher" brush to apply the powder instead of the brush supplied by Physicians Formula.  However, you could most certainly use their brush if you wanted to, as it is large and soft enough to cover your whole face without irritating your skin.  The only complaint I would have about this product is that a lot of powder comes free from the palate when you sweep a brush across it, so unless it lands back on the palate, it seems like I am losing product each time I use it.  However, because of how well it works on my face, this is certainly a product that I will continue to use.  There is even a mirror underneath the makeup, so you can carry it with you and apply it when you are not near a bathroom or somewhere with a large mirror.


Happy Booster Blush:  The blush was a nice peachy-pink color which was a lot more subtle on my pale skin compared to other blushes I have used in the past.  Some blushes are too dark or too red, but this looked almost natural on my skin, not like I was trying too hard with my makeup.  My cheeks are pretty pink to begin with, so the blush actually helped to even out some of the splotchiness that I usually notice.  I also really liked that the blush was scented!  I've never heard of scented face makeup before, but I was pleasantly surprised with the nice floral scent of this blush.  It doesn't really smell once you put it on your face, but it does smell in the palate.  It's a refreshing, bright scent that won't take the place of, say, antidepressants to boost your happiness, but will make you smile because of how nice it smells.  The palate itself is a really bright pink, which is my favorite color, so I also like the makeup because of this ;-)


Organic Wear Mascara:  Let me start off by saying that I have such trouble wearing mascara!  Most mascaras that I wear irritate my eyes so that by the end of the day, all I want to do is take it off.  This mascara, though, I was able to wear all day with no problems!  I was so excited when, at the end of the day, my eyes felt totally fine.  Honestly, mascara is the makeup item that I consistently have the most trouble wearing.  I was so glad that this mascara was one that I was able to wear all day.  I think it is because of the all-natural ingredients used, in contrast to the man-made ingredients found in most mascaras.  My one problem with the mascara was that the brush seemed very large, but in a way that may be a positive too, because it doesn't take many swipes to coat all of my eyelashes.

Overall, I was very happy with all of the products that Physicians Formula sent me, and they have become a staple in my makeup routine already!

FTC Disclaimer:  I am a "buzz" maker for Physicians Formula, and received these products from them with no stipulations.  I was not required to, but chose, to post a review, and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog- I love my readers! Be sure to leave a comment ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...