12 January 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday: My Favorite Band Does Not Exist by Robert T Jeschonek

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to profile yet to be released books that we're eagerly anticipating.  This week, I'm featuring My Favorite Band Does Not Exist by Robert T Jeschonek.  It will be released on July 11, 2011.


It's a YA fantasy novel that seems to also fall under the realm of metafiction.  While that's not normally what I read, I've been enticed by the idea of metafiction since I discovered the idea of it in November.  I'd really like to read My Favorite Band Does Not Exist to get some firsthand experience with reading metafiction.


Here is the summary from Amazon:


Sixteen-year-old genius Idea Deity believes that he exists only in the pages of a novel written by a malevolent, omnipotent author . . . and that he will die in chapter 64. Meanwhile, an older teen named Reacher Mirage sings lead vocals for the undercover rock band Youforia . . . a band that exists in Idea’s world only as an Internet hoax that Idea himself perpetuated. Then there’s beautiful and mysterious Eunice Truant, who links their destinies. When Idea and Reacher plunge into the reality ofFireskull’s Revenant, the twisted epic fantasy novel they’ve both been reading, chapter 64 bears down on them like a speeding freight train on an unstoppable collision course. Being trapped in a bad book can be a nightmare. Just ask Idea Deity.


I actually just received a galley of this book from NetGalley!  I'm super excited to read it, so make sure to check back a little closer to the release date for a review!  I'm swamped now with books on my "to read" list (especially because a bunch of them are library books that are due soon), but this is close to the top of the list because I want to read it so badly =)

2 comments:

  1. I love WoW, too...and I'm so glad you're participating! I love reading about everyone's picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you can get this on NetGalley, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog- I love my readers! Be sure to leave a comment ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...