01 January 2011

...a new one just begun!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Here's to a happy, healthy, prosperous 2011 in however you need it to be.


I'm normally not one to make a new year's resolution, because I think that if I really need to do something I will, and if not, making a promise to myself and then breaking it is just a setup for disappointment.


This year, I'm doing things a little differently.  I'm not making a 'resolution', per say- more of a goal.  I signed up for the 365 Project, a website that encourages people to take one photograph every day for a year.  I thought it sounded like a pretty cool way to document a year.  After all, "a picture is worth 1000 words". :)  To go along with my picture-a-day, I'm going to try and have a blog post each day as well.  Together, I want the pictures and words to create something that I can look back on in the future and see who I really was in 2011.  Even if I don't get around to posting every single day, I'm going to do the best I can.  I've been doing a lot (too much) of thinking lately, so I definitely have topics for posts- it's just a matter of whether or not I have time to write everything down!


I think that's really the root of my goals for 2011.  I need to make more time for myself to do things that I've neglected since being at college.  I've had very little time to write and read, two things that I love but just haven't made time for.  Even if my writing for the year consists mainly of blogging, at least it's time I've made for myself to write something.  I need to start budgeting my time better so that I can have time for the things I love doing and not just things I have to do.


Speaking of things I love doing- I love sleeping!!  It's already well past midnight here on the East coast, and 2011 is off to a great start...so I'm off to bed!


Until tomorrow!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog- I love my readers! Be sure to leave a comment ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...