23 January 2011

And the semester has begun!

It's been a crazy first week of classes for me!  None of my classes seem like they will be particularly difficult (or at least, not worse than last semester!), and my schedule is not awful.  But with all of the snow we've gotten here in NJ over the past few weeks, just physically getting to class has been like a death trap!  There is so much ice everywhere that walking to the bus stop is a gamble for your life.  But I made it through =) and can't really complain.  Some of the classes I'm taking could have turned out to be much more difficult than they did, and a couple of them are actually interesting, too ;-)  As long as I don't procrastinate too much, the workload should be manageable.


Of course, that makes it sound like I've had all the time in the world to update the blog.  I wish!  But unfortunately, that is not the case.  The first week of classes is always crazy because of trying to purchase textbooks, but this year that craziness is compounded by the fact that I also have to get special permission numbers for one of my classes...but I can only get it after I get three people to sign a form.  Shouldn't be that hard...except that the last person only has office hours on Tuesdays and is not in his office at all except for then.  So I've spent hours running back and forth between campuses to try and register for this class...which I still haven't been able to do, by the way.


But although I haven't had time to update the blog until now, I have been reading!  Which means that there are reviews coming soon =)


I started reading Ash by Malinda Lo.  This is the companion to Huntress, which I wrote a review of earlier.  At the moment I have to say that I prefer Huntress, but a proper review is definitely coming next week!  The book is due at the library next Friday, so I don't have a choice but to finish it by then!


Other than that, my reading list is everything that was In My Mailbox last week.  And I still have reviews to post for the rest of the Hunger Games series, which I finished last week.


Hopefully the next few weeks calm down a little bit, and then I will update here more often.  Hopefully...hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog- I love my readers! Be sure to leave a comment ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...