10 July 2012

McCormick Grill Mates review

My family and I recently sampled a number of products from McCormick Grill Mates.  These are all great seasonings, marinades, and sauces to use during the summer grilling season!  Here are my thoughts on three of the products that my family and I had the strongest opinions about.

Grill Mates® Slow and Low Memphis Pit BBQ Rub:  This was spicy, but those of us who liked spicy foods enjoyed it!  We tried it on steak, and later on, I also mixed this rub into a burger.  Both were delicious (I love spicy foods)!  I could definitely taste the rub more on the steak, though; the burger had a lot of other flavors on it that masked some of the tanginess.

Steak (sandwich) with Memphis BBQ Pit Rub & Pineapple rings w/ Molasses Bacon Seasoning


Grill Mates® Molasses Bacon Seasoning Blend:  This was a surprising hit with my family- especially with my little sister, who puts bacon on everything!  She thought it was cool that there was bacon in the shaker :)  I tried this on chicken wings, and it was a delightfully sweet taste.

Chicken Wings with Molasses Bacon Seasoning


Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce:  This sauce had a very strong alcohol taste from the bourbon.  We don't really drink in my house, and so this sauce was definitely not one of our favorite products.  We use a lot of barbecue sauce on a regular basis, so any new barbecue sauce has a lot to stand up to, and this did not make the cut.

Enjoying the food!

 There are many more than just these three products available from McCormick Grill Mates, so if none of these fit your grilling fancy, just check out your local grocery store to see what else is available.  There's something for everyone!

You can also visit GrillMates on Facebook and find tons of grilling tips for the summer.

FTC Disclaimer:  I was provided free samples of McCormick products by Crowdtap in exchange for hosting a Grill Mates party with family and friends.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog- I love my readers! Be sure to leave a comment ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...