07 June 2010

Whoops!...and food.

I flat out missed May in updating blog posts...oops.


Now for the real purpose of this post:


One food...how many days?


Recently, I saw a blog about a woman who wore the same little black dress for 365 days just by accessorizing it differently each day.


It got me thinking- why not do the same thing with food?  I'm not saying that I would like to eat one food for an entire year, but just to think about how many ways there are to "accessorize" food.  I want to come up with lots of different recipes that feature one main ingredient, yet are all unique.


First off, ground beef is such a versatile ingredient, but a lot of people don't seem to know what to do with it.  Because it can be used in so many different ways, you can really season it with whatever you want and it should still taste good.


1.  Tangy BBQ Sliders- with Texas-style BBQ sauce, bacon, and grilled onions
2.  Open-faced Italian Meatloaf Sandwiches- on garlic bread with mozzarella cheese and red sauce


These are the two ground beef recipes I've made recently and both were delicious!  (I did have people other than myself try them, so it is an unbiased opinion.)  The next recipe is an adaptation; I originally made it with ground chicken, and my little sister- who is one of the pickiest eaters I know- actually enjoyed it!


3.  Ranch Burgers- seasoned and with ranch dressing and fresh veggies on a crusty roll


I am going to come up with more recipes featuring ground beef, and then hopefully move on to some other versatile ingredients and do the same thing.


Ideas:


4.  roasted tomatoes and italian-seasoned ground beef with olive oil on romaine lettuce
5.  asian-style beef pockets with soy sauce and garlic in crescent dough


Bon appétit!


PS:  Pictures coming soon!  Just as soon as I find my memory card adapter...

1 comment:

  1. I disagree.

    Ground beef is ruined by the addition of ranch. RUINED, I say.

    I don't, however, disagree that you missed May in updating. That is hard to disagree with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog- I love my readers! Be sure to leave a comment ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...